You can download our resource for NEA 2 on this link.
This shows how the Nutrition Program cab be used for different sections of the Tasks.
If you are a Nutrition Program subscriber, emails us for a free copy.
The chart shows key phrases from exam boards for NEA 2 where The Nutrition Program can be used.
- The exam boards have similar points to cover –
- Research to find dishes that fit the task –
- Explain how the dishes meet nutritional needs – look at Traffic Lights, RI, and if they fit with a meal.
- Look at sensory properties – use The Nutrition Program to draw up a Star Profile.
- Carry out nutritional analysis of dishes – produce a food label using Nutrition Program
- Analyse the nutrition – annotate the food label.
- Carry out sensory analysis and add tasters, then write evaluation – all done through Nutrition Program.
- Use sensory descriptors – the Nutrition Program has a Tasting Word Bank
- Cost the dish – the Nutrition Program has costs of ingredients
- Conclude and think of improvements.