Here are some terms from AQA Food and Nutrition GCSE requirements
- To calculate the cost of the dish and compare with a commercial product.
- Differentiated worksheets and home learning resources to calculate costs of spaghetti bolognaise or chilli.
- Costings worksheet.
- Work out the cost of ingredients to make chosen dish and compare to ready-meal tested.
- Consider suitable recipe ideas, sourcing of ingredients to promote environmental and ethical awareness, nutritional profiles of recipes, costs, cooking and serving times.
- Produce a recipe card of each of the dishes made listing the ingredients, method of making, nutritional profile, allergy advice, costing and special dietary, health or environmental claims.
- Costing analysis worksheet.
See how the Nutrition Program can do it for you!
- The recipe Feta stuffed peppers – serves 2
- 2 peppers, any colour, cut in half (seeds removed)
- 20g couscous
- 10 black olives, chopped
- 125g feta, cubed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
2. Type it in and go to Costs: