Thanks to Olive Magazine for this. Useful for schools on social media!
Instagram can’t zoom and it crops to a square – but iPhone keeps pics to use later.
1. Tap area you want to focus and change the brightness.
2. Make sure you are shooting as a square to avoid cropping for Instagram.
3. Don’t zoom in as it decreases image quality.
4. iPhones have a grid – settings, photos, camera >grid – good for shooting ingredients.
5. Your photo should be placed within the 9 squares of the grid.
6. Add interest with cutlery etc.
7. Move items out of frame to get a clean shot.
8. Use natural lighting for best results – don’t use the flash.
9. Improve lighting on phone -saturation,brightness or colour
10. Hashtags build a fan base. People will find your photos. But don’t use too many.