BUT – there are many other subjects and school areas which study nutrition, recipes, meals and diets, and their students could share your extra users.
1. Healthy Schools Initiative – use the program to look at school meals, tuck shop food, student diets.
2. School Meals – your school meals must meet government guidelines for nutritional standards. Our program provides the facility to check the meals.
3. Licence to Cook – analyse the recipes used on this course to see how healthy they are.
4. Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism courses – they need to analyse menus and provide healthy food.
5. Health and Social Care – BTECs and others learn about diet and health
6. PSHE – teaching about diet and health
7. Science – needed for KS3 and KS4 where they learn about balanced diets and nutrients
8. Physical Education and Sport – the GCSEs look at healthy eating and diet analysis and want students to do practical tasks.
9. ICT and Maths – both subjects need to use real data that is meaningful for students – and students really want to know if their diet is OK. There is a lot of Maths in the program and in my experience, students can’t understand the meaning of % and bar charts!