Food businesses and allergens

Food businesses must be registered with their local authority – this is required by law.

Food businesses include market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures and include:
◾staff canteens
◾guest houses & B&B’s
◾delivery vehicles
◾buffet cars on trains
◾market and other stalls
◾mobile food vehicles


Registration allows the local authority to keep an up-to-date list of all those premises in the area. They can visit when they need to. The frequency of the visits will depend on the type of business.

The Environmental Health Officer for the local authority will advise on how to keep a record of the foods sold and allergens and nutrition.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s