Clear food labelling up and until 2014
(a) the name of the food;
(b) a list of ingredients; the quantity of certain ingredients or categories of ingredients;
(c) the appropriate durability indication;
(d) any special storage conditions or conditions of use;
(e) the name or business name and an address or registered office of either or both of:-
(i) the manufacturer or packer, or
(ii) a seller established within the European Community;
(f) particulars of the place of origin or provenance of the food if failure to give such particulars might mislead a purchaser to a material degree.
• Name of the food
• Net weight or volume, where required;
• List of ingredients, including allergens;
• Date mark, or a reference to where it can be found;
• Instructions for use and/or storage;
• Nutrition information, if required;
nutrition labelling gives energy value, amounts of protein, carbohydrate, sugars, fats, saturates, fibre and sodium.