Food allergen management and advisory labelling
People can be allergic to a wide variety of foods and experience a range of symptoms, some of which can be fatal.
It is important that anyone with a food allergy or intolerance knows what is in the food they eat.
The Nutrition Program food label shows the allergens when you complete the recipe.
All pre-packed food sold in the UK has to show clearly on the label if it contains one of the following ingredients :
- other nuts – eg almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, pecan nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia nuts and Queensland nuts
- sesame seeds
- crustaceans – including prawns, crab and lobster
- molluscs – including squid, mussels, cockles, whelks and snails
- cereals containing gluten – including wheat, rye, barley and oats
- sulphur dioxide or sulphites at levels above ten milligrams per kilogram or per litre